“Company” means Arabian Tent Company Ltd trading as The Pearl Tent Co. “Delivery Date”, “Deposit (if any)”, “Hire Goods”, “Client”, “Price”, “Site” and “Use Period” shall have the meanings as set out in the Quotation. “Period of Hire” means the period from the Delivery Date until the Hire Goods have been dismantled and removed from the Site. “Quotation” means the offer sent either by email or letter by the Company to the Client. “Hire Goods” covers all equipment hired by the Client as illustrated in the Quotation. These conditions shall apply to all orders and contracts for the supply of Hire Goods in the UK by the Company or its agents and if there are any qualifications or variations to these conditions it is important, for the avoidance of doubt, that such variations should be in writing. Confirmation of a booking, by payment of a deposit or signing of this contract, indicates acceptance of these Terms & Conditions and the quote that has been provided.
THE COMPANY UNDERTAKES
- to deliver the Hire Goods on the Delivery Date and to proceed to install them for use on or before the commencement of the Use Period, except if the Hire Goods are tables, chairs or other furniture where the limit of the Company’s obligation is delivery only.
- to dismantle and remove the Hire Goods from the Site as soon as is reasonably practicable after the Use Period. However, in cases of severe weather, the Company retain the right to leave the furnishings or tents standing until safe or dry enough to dismantle.
THE CLIENT UNDERTAKES
- to follow the booking procedure and payment terms.
- to pay interest on all monies outstanding 7 days after the date for payment, both before and after judgement, at a rate of 10 per cent per annum above the base rate of HSBC bank from the time of the event.
- to complete the Site Assessment, provided by the Company, accurately and to the best of their knowledge. Any incorrect information supplied in the Site Assessment, which is relied on by the Company, may have consequences for what is provided and could result in insufficient equipment being provided. An optional Site Survey is available in replacement of completing the site assessment form. There is a charge for all Site Surveys of £150 plus VAT making a total of £176. 25. If the location is more than 100 miles from our base, there will be an additional charge of 40p per extra mile.
- to provide the Company, at least 2 weeks before the Delivery Date, with an accurate, measured plan of the Site showing any relevant services and obstacles above and below the ground including electrical and communication cables, and water, gas, and irrigation pipes, which may affect the installation and positioning onsite of the Hire Goods. The Client is also obliged to bring to the attention of the Company any alterations in the Site that may have taken place after the date that the plan is produced. The company will not be held responsible for any inaccuracies on the part of the Client in this matter.
- to provide the Company with a firm, level, grassed or clean concrete site for tents to be erected on. Any costs incurred making good a site without having given the company prior warning that this will be necessary will be charged to the Client.
- to give notice or to obtain any necessary permits, including parking permits from local authorities and/or the Site owners, prior to the erection date. Any charges sustained through the lack of these permits will be passed directly to the Client.
- if any part of the Hire Goods includes electrical apparatus, to provide such power points or supply as may be reasonably required by the Company within 15 metres of the Hire Goods.
- not to enter or interfere with the Hire Goods while it is being erected by the Company, and to communicate this condition in particular to children or guests and other contractors on site.
- to keep any part of the Hire Goods that are a framed structure or tent completely closed and secure and doors fastened when not in use.
- during the Period of Hire to be responsible for the maintenance and safe custody of the Hire Goods and to reimburse the Company for any loss occasioned there too (fair wear and tear excepted).
- not to use any lighting, heating, cooking or other gas or electrical appliances of any kind without the previous consent, in writing, of the Company.
- not to tamper with the structure or any part of the Hire Goods and in particular not to affix or suspend from the Hire Goods any item whatsoever without the Company’s prior written consent.
- to report any defects or faults with the Hire Goods supplied as soon as they are noticed and certainly within 24 hours of delivery. Should equipment fail during an event the client must immediately inform the Company to allow them the opportunity to rectify the situation.
- to pay for the rental of the Hire Goods up to and including the date, it notifies the Company that the Hire Goods have been lost, stolen and/or damaged beyond economic repair.
- The Company will use its best endeavours to supply the Client with the Hire Goods ordered, but where this is not possible the Company will either substitute for similar Hire Goods after notifying the Client or offer to terminate the agreement.
- The Price is based on the assumption that the Client provides a firm and level site of turf (or some other material not impervious to stakes and able to absorb rainwater) for tents to be erected on and will not be held responsible for any irregularities in the positioning of the Hire Goods due to this. The price is also based on the fact that the site is served by a firm access road adjacent to the Site, with adequate hard-standing for commercial vehicles, is free from flooding, trees and overhead obstruction. If this is not the case, or if the Client wishes the Company to erect the Hire Goods in a different position on the Site to the one indicated by the Client to the Company at the time of the Quotation, and in either event, the costs to the Company are subsequently increased by reason of an increase in labour costs or any other factor the Company may increase the price in accordance with the Company’s price list and hourly labour rates then in force.
- The price is based on the current costs of fuel, however, in the case of fuel shortages and significant increases, the Company reserves the right to raise the costs accordingly without prior notice. The Company cannot be held responsible for disruption to delivery resulting from such shortages.
- The price does not include making good any repairs to the Site unless caused by the negligence of the Company’s servants, agents or contractors, which includes damage to electrical and communication cables and underground pipes, which remain the responsibility of the Client.
- The hire of tables and chairs does not include set up and arrangement.
- Any installation or dismantling required between 11 pm and 6 am will attract an overtime surcharge of at least £60 per hour including events where the late dismantling is not scheduled.
INSURANCE DAMAGE DEPOSIT
Hire Goods owned by the Company are insured against fire, theft, loss and accidental damage. The Damage Deposit covers wear and tear caused to Hire Goods with 5% of the total hire charge deducted from the deposit, with the balance returned to the customer provided returned equipment is all intact. However, in the case of fire, theft, loss or any sort of damage no return is made and the Company reserves the right to seek damages through the Courts in the case that £250 does not cover the loss. The Client is responsible for notifying a member of the Company in cases of extremely high winds and storms. If this is not done and if the damage is sustained, the Company reserve the right to seek damages through the Courts. Please note that any structures or tents are subject to the Smoking ban.
CANCELLATION AND POSTPONEMENT
- Should the Client wish to cancel the contract, then the 50% deposit shall be lost.
- Should the Client wish to postpone the contract then, if the Company is notified less than 30 days prior to the event, the 50% deposit shall also be lost. However with postponements of more than 30 days prior to the installation date, at the discretion of the Company, half of the paid Deposit may be used against Hire Goods at a rescheduled event.
- Hire Goods can be altered and amended up to 30 days prior to the Period of Hire, after which any reductions from the order must be paid for.
- This agreement and the hiring constituted by it shall, without notice but at the option of the Company, be terminated and the Client shall no longer be in possession of the Hire Goods with the Company’s consent, if the Client presents or is presented with a petition for bankruptcy or, being a company, goes into liquidation, is the subject of a petition to wind up or where a receiver or administrator has been appointed to administer the assets of the company.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
- The Company will make every effort to complete the installation of the Hire Goods on or before the commencement of the Use Period, provided that the Client has complied with the undertakings set out above. If this does not happen, the Client shall have the right to withdraw and the Company shall return all monies paid. If the Hire Goods are not installed because of delays due to an Act of God or other circumstances beyond its reasonable control, the Company shall not be liable to pay further compensation to the Client.
- The Client is responsible for the safe and correct operation of electrical and mechanical equipment by competent persons not under the influence of alcohol or drugs and for its constant supervision within the range of children. The Client will immediately inform the Company of any Equipment breakdown or shortcoming without attempt at repair. The Client will ensure any non-Company equipment used in conjunction with or attached to the Equipment also conforms to safety requirements.
- The liability of the Company for claims made by the Client does not extend to any unforeseeable financial loss caused by late or non-delivery of Equipment and/or Goods, unsuitability, breakdown, stoppage or lawful repossession. Subject to the above the Company will be liable for negligence or error in the performance of its obligations under the Contract.
- The Company will take all reasonable care to avoid any damage to the Clients’ and other suppliers’ property or land but cannot be responsible for any loss suffered by the Client or suppliers in respect thereof.
- The Company cannot be held responsible for adverse weather conditions or any situation arising from the penetration of any water through the tent exterior following rainfall and high winds.
- The Company accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage, costs, claims or expenses suffered or incurred by the Client or by any third person (including the Client’s employees or agents). The Company does not by this exclude its liability for death or personal injury arising out of the negligence of the Company, its Employees or its agents.
BOOKING PROCEDURE AND PAYMENT TERMS
- A 50% deposit with a written order is required to confirm a booking.
- Confirmation of a booking indicates acceptance of the Terms & Conditions and quote provided.
- The balance is due three days prior to the Delivery Date.
Nothing in these Terms & Conditions affects your statutory rights.